They always remind you that you may not be able to control how they act but you can control how you react, yet they forget;
- There was a time they didn’t exist in your sphere of life.
- Then, there was a time they were negligible factors as far as your actions were concerned.
- Then a time when you’d asked for their opinion before making a decision.
- Then their opinion mattered
- Then it mattered most
- Then it became your opinion
So I say, If anyone lets you into their life, you owe them their peace by controlling how you act.